If you’re looking to put some excitement into your life during 2012, you’ve found the right blog. The makers of TauBu beer and the beautiful TauBu Girls have a few suggestions for your list of New Year’s resolutions. Get ready to give your boring old life a wicked punch, amp up your style and live the TauBu life:
- Resolve to ditch the gym: These days, gyms look a bit more like nightclubs with the lights on. They’ve become more social hangouts or pickup markets than real exercise centers. Plus, even those who really do keep their garden-variety resolution and actually exercise at the gym don’t always get their money’s worth. That’s why TauBu Girl Kali recommends ditching the gym for some real, hardcore exercise. Extreme or outdoors activities like surfing, skateboarding, hiking or rock climbing help work more of your muscles in more ways because the movements are not repetitive like they are on the stair stepper at the gym.
- Resolve to face something that freaks you out: Eleanor Roosevelt famously said “Do one thing every day that scares you.” Turns out it’s one of TauBu Girl Edita’s favorite quotes. “If you can manage to balls up and conquer that one challenge you’ve been avoiding, you’ll be shocked at how powerful you feel,” Edita promises. And that confidence no doubt will spill over into other areas of your life, pushing you to see just how awesome you can be.
- Resolve to prove them wrong: Got a critic telling you that you aren’t quite strong enough, smart enough, talented enough, etc. to grab that goal by the horns? TauBu Girl Lauren dares you to prove him/her wrong. Truth be told, criticism is often just a way for a wimp to mask his own fear. If he lacks the cojones to get the job done himself, he surely doesn’t want you publicly one-upping him. Whether it’s landing that trick or getting that job or winning that hottie’s attention, show ‘em how it’s done.
- Resolve to take a stand: See an injustice that boils your blood? Got a cause that you believe in wholeheartedly? TauBu Girl Anna wants to know what you’re gonna do about it. It ain’t enough to say you support a cause. If you’ve got a TauBu kind of attitude, get out there and take some action. Start a petition, throw a fundraising event, feed some homeless, rescue a shelter pet, teach an at-risk kid a new skill, stand on the bow of a dinghy and scream obscenities at Japanese whalers — whatever it is you believe in, make it an active part of your life.
- Resolve to have more fun: All work and no play makes for a very dull life. We’ve all got to make a living and deal with the minutia that life throws at us. But having a little fun helps make all the non-fun stuff a bit more bearable, TauBu Girl Amanda says. So, while you’re filling up your calendar with meetings and errands and trips to the dentist, make sure you schedule some time to rip it up or just chill out.
What’s your biggest, baddest New Year’s resolution? TauBu wants to know. Post it on our Facebook Fan page.